Unleash your creativity with a Kenyan twist on a beloved Italian classic. Chapati pizza offers a delectable fusion of cultures, blending the comforting flavors of chapati with the vibrant toppings of a pizza. The result is a mouthwatering masterpiece that delights the senses.
- Chapati (store-bought or homemade)
- Tomato sauce or passata
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Sliced bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms
- Sliced cooked sausage or grilled chicken (optional)
- Red chili sauce (optional, for extra heat)
- Fresh basil leaves (for garnish)
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place a chapati on a baking sheet and spread a thin layer of tomato sauce over it.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of grated mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Arrange your choice of sliced vegetables and cooked meat on top of the cheese.
- Drizzle a little red chili sauce for a spicy kick if desired.
- Bake the chapati pizza in the preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Once out of the oven, garnish with fresh basil leaves and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Slice and serve the chapati pizza while it’s hot and ooey-gooey.