Ethiopian cuisine is one of the most distinct and beloved cuisines in Africa. With its bold and complex flavors, it is no wonder that it has gained a following in Nairobi as well. Here are some of the best Ethiopian restaurants in Nairobi to try out.
- Abyssinia Restaurant – Located on Argwings Kodhek Road, Abyssinia Restaurant is known for its authentic Ethiopian cuisine. The restaurant has a cozy and welcoming atmosphere, and the staff are friendly and attentive. Some of the popular dishes at Abyssinia include doro wat, injera, and shiro.
- Habesha Restaurant – This restaurant is situated in Westlands, and is one of the most popular Ethiopian restaurants in Nairobi. The menu is diverse, with dishes like kitfo, doro wat, and tibs, all served with injera. Habesha Restaurant is also known for its coffee ceremony, a traditional Ethiopian ritual that involves roasting, grinding, and brewing coffee.
- Blue Nile Restaurant – Another popular Ethiopian restaurant in Nairobi, Blue Nile Restaurant is located in the Hurlingham area. The restaurant is known for its authentic Ethiopian decor, and its wide range of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. Some of the must-try dishes include the lamb tibs and the spicy chicken.
- Addis Ababa Restaurant – Addis Ababa Restaurant is located in the Central Business District of Nairobi, and is known for its delicious Ethiopian cuisine. The restaurant has a warm and inviting ambiance, and the service is excellent. Some of the popular dishes include the tibs, doro wat, and kitfo.
- Kesh Kesh Restaurant – Kesh Kesh Restaurant is situated in Kilimani, and is a popular spot for Ethiopian food lovers. The restaurant is known for its delicious vegetarian dishes, as well as its meat dishes like tibs and doro wat. Kesh Kesh also offers a range of refreshing drinks like the Ethiopian honey wine, tej.
In conclusion, if you are looking to try out some authentic Ethiopian cuisine in Nairobi, these restaurants offer some of the best options around.